Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Sky Is Falling!!!

Duh.
Where has everyone been the last six years? Ten years? Even twenty years? With their heads buried in the sand? Couldn't you see where things were heading, with the predatory lenders, the wild expenditures, the mindless millions buying things they couldn't afford with money they didn't earn? The war that has borrowed billions of dollars on our children's future earnings, the "save the world!" expenditures of shipping our military everywhere on do-gooder missions for self-and-country-promotion, the shipping of billions of dollars of "aid" to other countries for the warlords to take and sell and enrich themselves? The enthuiastic support of NAFTA and CAFTA and the North American Union, that turned us into a mass of openmouthed and openhanded consumers with pure service jobs, while the hardcore industry strolled overseas and produced cheaply made and expensive crap for the Wal-Mart mentality, 'if-it-breaks-I'll-buy-another' endless consumerites?

My first hard clue as to where things were going to rapidly go was - the TV shows. Yup, REALITY shows, that have no basis in reality, shows for bored and boring uneducated people who sit and salivate and even call their friends, email, and blog to discuss the "winners" and "losers". Nothing with any substance, nothing with any memorable lessons, nothing with anything that matters in the vast scheme of things - mindless entertainment that depended on the voyeuristic tendencies of the unwashed masses, who believed that they were a part of something that mattered. Pure passive emotional self-justufying ululations in a crowd. Yawn.

Of course the rest was simple. The gotta-have-it demanding mentality of the idiot woman who "had to" build her family a new home, because the brand new home they were living in didn't give her daughter a view of the park. The salivating of the spoiledbrat generation who wanted more and bigger and better - shopping experiences, new and different stores that catered to their 'eclectic' (read- mainstream yuppie) tastes, the woeful lack of appreciation and support of music, art, and the fine arts. The ignoring of the criminal acvtivities going on underneath their very noses, in their very schools and restaurant parking lots, while shrieking about 'criminal' activities (like chaining up dogs outside) that simply don't matter and are none of their damned business. Minding everyone's business but their own, trashing good and decent people with innuendoes and lies while worshiping and admiring the lowest common denominator. These sorts of mindless and ignorant displays of an inability to comprehend, to draw conclusions, to weigh alternatives and even differentiate between worthy and honorable versus dishonorable and cheap, indicated long ago what was about to happen.

People like this are easily misled, misdirected, lied to, and led down the wrong paths. They believe something is "good" because someone told them so. They don't listen to contrary arguments, even proof and facts, because their minds are made up and they don't want to be confused. You can blame the yellow journalists of media, but most of them are just as ignorant as the sheep whom they are supposed to be guarding. You can blame the schools that turn out salivating morons that cannot read or comprehend, and offer letter jackets to kids who can make a barely-passing score on the SAT.

Want an answer? Look in the mirror. "We have met the enemy (of the people, the country, our way of life) and he is US." Ya'll have fun, running about with your hands over your heads, shrieking about the end of the world. Maybe they'll make a reality show about you... or maybe you'll be on the six o'clock news, as another victim of your own making. Don't worry... it won't be that bad. Believe the pundits and the leadership and the bubble-headed bleached blondes, who are cheerfully enriching themselves at your willing and enthusiastic expense. Really. It's ok. Another saviour will come along, promising you the world, and that you'll be able to keep that same lifestyle with absolutely no effort on your part - and you'll believe that, too.

Funny thing, isn't it -Darwin's Rule always comes out on top. It may take a few generations, it may take massive upheavals, it may take a long everlasting period of gibbering denial and blinded-by-emotion ignorance - but the Rule always proves out.

4 comments:

Southern Focus Designs said...

WC...

I don't know why in the worl you don't just say what you mean...don't hold back! LOL

You are so right!!!!

But I have to say that I like some of the "unreality" TV...it is mindless...that is why I like it. I have to think too much already! LOL

Anonymous said...

Being in full Bitch-Mode myself, I'm finding it best to STFU, but ya know we are at the very place where my conservative streak lives, and I been sayin' it and sayin' it and sayin' it while IDIOTS yammer on about what they need to buy and what entertainment is required in their lives and how stupid consumption will save the world. As I said, I better STFU. All I really want to say anyway is that you're right.

WileyCoyote said...

Thanks, PB! And - why STFU, when it is finally going to be revealed to all that we were right?

PS I love your conservative streak... and frankly, your blog inspired mine! I was sitting there reading it and just got PO'ed right along with you...

Alex said...

Couldn't agree more.

One more beer and I'd write about this all night. But the beer is downstairs and I'm lazy. I'll just type out three terms:

self-awareness

responsibility

accountability

I've thought for a long time that we (the royal "We"...the American "We") have completely tossed those ideas out the window.

What? ME be responsible? Accountable? Why, that's insane!

Give me more stuff. And when I fail, bail me out. Or better yet, give me 139 other things to blame before I look at myself in my $2500 bought-on-credit Ethan Allen mirror.

It's the immigrants! The oil companies! Hollywood! The environment! George Bush! Al Gore! My parents!

Here's what I want: I want a ranch in the middle of nowhere, with no Internet access, no newspapers, no suburbia. I think Wiley's in the right place.

I want a goat.