Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Little Lively-er

OK, so this morning I tried again... only I went into it backwards. I designed a a room FIRST, put in all the cool things I wanted, made it cozy and warm and then played with my avatar.

Poof, there I am. A grey haired teddy bear in a big Western hat, sitting on the S-shaped couch in front of the fire.

Now to decide whom I want to feel welcome there. There's a copy-n-paste HTML code to embed in my webpage, but some folks who view this I may not care enough about to hang out with, much less invite them to the room. It's sorta like having a private house. Not like a lot of the rooms, that are open and invite every and anyone in. Sorry, not that desperate to make friends. Sure don't want to be a "sex" hangout, like so many freely advertise in ther room names. Ick.

I never understood virtual sex anyway. For one thing, I can think of lots better things to be doing with my hands than typing. For another, for me it is about the fulfillment of the senses - the taste, the touch, the sight, the sounds, even the smells of a partner. Since I am a bear, would that mean I would only attract Furries? Euww. To me, typing words is only teasing, not fulfilling. So I didn't put my room on the general visitation list, just to keep the bores and weirdos out... or, maybe, in, if you look at it that way!

So I guess I'll just have to send email invites to the people I like to chat with most. Maybe they'll show up, and maybe not. Maybe I'll be in there when they do, or maybe not. At any rate, it was fun to build a 3-D room with all of the little things that make me happy - comfortable-looking chairs, candlelight, a fireplace, a little music, a little food, coolers full of drinks... Even a large poster of a snowscene on one wall. Nice. Quiet. Wonder if I can upload a picture/avatar of my dog to lay by the fire or on the couch like she does here...

No comments: