Sunday, May 25, 2008

We are Here

I guess now this blog will get kind of boring; because it will document what is going on HERE instead of THERE. But what the hey.
We made it to Valentine yesterday, Saturday, at 1 PM Central time. Mike went in to the room immediately and took a nap, while I set up my internet and got on line, answering emails, etc. Valentine is 38 miles east of our new home; a quaint and bustling little burg with very nice people. There is a high school rodeo competition today at the fairgrounds - which are next to the stockyards. They don't slaughter here; they merely hold the animals and ship them out. The whole town smells like clean, fresh cow poop! LOL
When Mike awakened, we ate lunch - our motel room is huge, has maple board ceilings, and a kitchen, so I bought real food instead of restaurant food - and then I took him and the dogs to Cody. Even at 80 mph the little two lane road seems so long and it seems like we are not going that fast! Hills, hills, and more hills. We arrived at the house, and Nancy was there. Nancy is a great person - she moved from the Black Hills of SD to Valentine to be a ranch hand; has a lot of experience in handling animals, has three kids and an ex-husband. She is also the seller of the home and the real estate agent. You can tell she doesn't want to get rid of the place; but she simply can't keep it any more. We were cleaning up after the storms yesterday, and Mike wandered around looking at 'his' new home. Grin. He was just as impressed as I with the amazing woodwork, the stained glass windows, the immenseness of the 60 hilly acres that goes with the house. He fixed some old brass doorknobs and got them working, looked at what else would need to be done, both right away and in the future - the house was built in 1910 after all, and has issues.

Got back and had an email from a friend saying that I needed to call him so he could tell me what was going on in Hardeeville. I emailed him back and told him I wasn't interested. I have no interest in that soap opera any more; people whose souls are so empty that they have to suck the life out of others' have no fascination for me at all. They get what they deserve. One of my sweet young friends told me last Wednesday as we said goodbye that she couldn't believe what we were doing, because I am such a people person! ROFLMAO Me? Well, I once believed tht people could be helped to achieve a greater fullness in their lives, once they were educated and shown a better way. Now I know better. Those people don't want to improve themselves or their lives, they want someone else to do it for them, and get angry when no one can or will. I leave them to their own devices, and seek my own.

I sit here and drink the purest water God ever made, amazed once again at the flavor and clear beauty of not just the water but everything around me, and my soul is satisfied. I saw my first bluebird yesterday; he lives on my farm... My Farm. The moving truck comes Friday, and then the fun begins, as we try to put everything we had piled up in a 1000 sq foot house into a 1750 sq foot house. Mike gets his shop at last, I get my kiln room, and a bay window to put my decorations in. Sweet peaceful clarity at last.