Saturday, May 17, 2008

Oh Grow UP!

As I knew would happen, the Hardeeville Today blogs got absolutely vicious after I read my speech Thursday night.
How did I know it would happen? Because I know these folks. Know them all too well. Rodney and I even discussed it; he was worried about how I might feel, that I might be hurt. (All they have said about him in the past two months, and he was worried about me being hurt.)

I feel two ways about the lies, gossip, innuendo, and insults.
1. They have proved me to be absolutely right in what I said about them. They have lived down to my expectations of them.
2. They don't matter in my decision - and they cannot stand that. They cannot stand that I am putting myself, my husband, and my life first, because for so long I put them first, and they think that I "owe" them.

WSAV came over on Friday to do a followup story. She wasn't there five minutes when I knew that she was there digging for dirt, trying to get me to say something nasty. Didn't happen. She did her best as an 'investigative reporter' but I wouldn't give her the satisfaction. Anyone with any brain function at all knows what is going to be the results of this election. All she could do was report on what a special election would cost the town. Well, no one complained about me having to pay two years ago for my election - an election where I ran unopposed, yet still had to pay. No, that was ok.

These nasty horrible people do not care whom they hurt; me, my husband, my daughter, my friends. They live to hurt - to lie, to imply, to cut to the quick. That is the only way that they have power over others; the only way they know to empower themselves. What was funny, though, were the phone calls I got that thanked me for exposing them for what they were at last. One woman born and raised here told me that it should have been said 20 years ago!! Many calls of support and concern. One call that tried to excuse their behavior.

I felt sorry for Erinn, the editor who had to cut some of the really bad stuff. She was openmouthed at the vitriol, stunned at the purposeful cruelty. I told her that in the next four years she would be able to make her name in the news business, reporting on what happened here. Forensic audit? There are auditors salivating to put in the bid for that - they know nothing will be found, and it will be easy money for them. And the results of the audit will not give them any ammunition. They might spend another $30,000 for a second audit just to be sure. And it will be another waste of money.

I guess everyone expects me to be angry, to respond, to fight with them. I won't. Why not? Because they simply do not matter. They are exactly what I said they were - and they deserve everything that is coming to them. And I have a life to pursue.

1 comment:

Southern Focus Designs said...

Great Post!

You are so right and they can all just continue to have fun with their "high school" antics.