Thursday, May 8, 2008

Breathless Giggly Incompetence

My husband is on daily medication. This medication is one of those intensive pain killers, timed-release, and highly addictive. They gradually eased him up to the maximum dosage allowable, and have kept him there for over a year. The problem with this medication is that they will not prescribe it for longer than 30 days at a time. The prescription even if written a week ahead of time cannot be filled until a certain day of the month. If that day falls on a Sunday, well, too bad - unless the pharmacy is open on Sunday. Mind you too that the prescription is over $200.00, but is supposed to - supposed to! - be paid for by Worker's Comp. So you can't keep switching pharmacies. So Hubby has it filled at Wal Mart, because it is convenient, they are open every day, and he figured that they would have better access to a prescription that was filled every month at their store.

To make it worse, the doc is so protective of her license that she will not write the prescription for this month's medication until last month's has run out. Which means that hubby had to take his last pill on Sunday, then call the doctor's office Monday morning. Well, guess what? By Tuesday morning she still had not written the prescription. By Tuesday afternoon she still hadn't. Finally, she writes it Wednesday AM.

So hubby - in pain from both his permanent injuries and the beginnings of withdrawal symptoms - drives over to pick up the prescription (they won't call it in, either) and takes it to Wal Mart. Well, Wal Mart won't have another shipment in until Friday - maybe. (giggle giggle from the clerk) So hubby comes home. By the time I get home he is in screaming agony, pouring sweat, and shivering under a blanket. I start calling other pharmacies.

Finally I find one that has the meds. So I call Wal Mart and tell them that he cannot wait til Friday, and I am coming to pick up the prescription. I get there, they hand it to me, and off I go to CVS. Except - CVS can't fill it - it is the wrong prescription. Back I go to Wal Mart.

Well, they lost the prescription. Giggle giggle. Wasn't it funny? By this time I am livid. Hubby cannot move at the house, and these shiftless lazy incompetent morons think this whole little game they are playing is FUNNY. I lose it. Finally they call another woman over who finds the prescription for the mean and nasty bitch who is getting louder and more demanding by the minute, and give it to me. Gee, they had filed it in the filled prescriptions box. Hee hee. Whoops. Back I go to CVS, get the prescription filled, pay $200 (thank god I HAD it to pay) and go home. Total time - 2 and a half hours on the road. Hubby gets his meds and within an hour sinks into blissful oblivion - for the most part. Of course it takes a few hours for the chest pains to subside.

And people wonder why I hate Wal Mart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG sound like this blog I posted:

WTF is up with customer service these days..........
Current mood: cooky/wacky


OK so today I have to go to the stupid tax office for work, a part of my job that I have and it aggravates me to now end. I get all these stupid vehicle bills and taxes and all are over gross vehicle weight, etc and it's a REAL hassle...:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So anywhooooo........

I go to the tax office and thank god there is only one person in head of me. Some half way decent looking nerdy guy is trying to get his vehicle titled properly. You and tell he's educated, has money, and is more than likely Jewish. So he's waiting on the tax girl Colletta Orage to help him with this. So as she's clicking away on the keyboard, R&B (turn down the lights and get it on R&B) is crooning the office in the background. Her phone rings. She glances at it. It must have caller ID. Helloo?? and the conversation goes like this........

Red beans and rice........

Yeah, red beans and rice........

What's the vegetable?..........

Cabbage yeah cabbage.........

(Pretty Jewish guy is patiently waiting and is now glancing around nervously)

And 2 chicken wings and a leg........

Yeah wing and a leg, you no you get 2 chickens and I want a wing an leg.

Yeah......

Click

I'm sitting there thinking, OMG she's having cabbage for lunch thank god I don't work with her! And then......

She starts chair dancing, I mean chair dancing, and Colletta ain't no small girl. So nervous rich guy glances around nervously again......

And she starts to sing.......Yeah why you wanna play me like that, why you wanna do me like that..........play me like that…….do me like that……….

My thoughts exactly


But hey I know my guys just tell CVS it's workman's comp and they get the scripts for free and CVS files for them?