Monday, May 12, 2008

And then there was...

A very busy weekend. Our son and his sweet girlfriend came over - a total opposite of his ex-wife by the way - for Mother's Day. Nice.

Cleaning out the garage was exhausting Sat and Sunday. The burn pile was going steadily; burning all inconsequential files and paperwork now too. But at last I have all of that stuff put away neatly. So much trash, though. 24 years worth! Good grief! Who woulda believed one could gather so much stuff in one small area! Found two pairs of white shoes still in the box, leftover from Mother. Which is good because my current white pair is shot, split open on the toes - and they are my dress shoes!! One more thing to throw away! Imelda Marcus I ain't. Shoes is shoes. Clothes are clothes. I have skirts and dresses I wore in High school still... Wear it out, use it up, make it do - Hubby says it is the Scottish in me. I say it is just the poverty I've lived thru...

Saturday was soooo hot that traveling around in an unairconditioned truck for 4 hours was killer. I can't believe my best friend talked me into it, but he did! LOL We were both pouring sweat, smelly, and exhausted by that afternoon. TG for the storms yesterday and the cool breeze today. We took the cars in for their maintenance this AM, and I sit at home waiting for them to call and return to pick us up and take us back with the "courtesy car and driver" - actually a large orange pickup truck! LOL

Not looking forward to a 12 hour battle tomorrow. I do not know why people have to be so vicious and spiteful in their lives, trying to intimidate anyone who doesn't agree with them; too bad it takes someone twice as vicious to sit next to them and deal with them. The one sitting next to them of course has to be me. Sigh. I wouldn't mind if they were at least intelligent and could hold an intelligent conversation, but that isn't going to happen. Loud, pushy and raucous fools are the bane of my existence. Ron White is right - you can't fix stupid.

Got an email from one of my dearest friends last night and had to answer right away. Poor guy, he is toughing out so much right now. When someone you love is sick and being mistreated or poorly treated by their caregivers, and you have to be mean and vicious just to get them the care they need, it takes a lot out of you. I feel for him. He's been doing it for six months now...

This week is gonna be tough to get thru. Not the least of which has been, for the past three months, watching one of my best friends trust the wrong people, and not being able to do a damned thing about it. Sigh. Oh, well - soon to be over, and behind me. That's all I'm clinging to now. Depressed and impatient and anxious and tired... soo tired.

I may just sleep all day Wednesday...

No comments: