Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jackass Love





OK, had a busy day planned again today; and, as usual, something interrupted. Lake wandered up this morning - very unusual; she usually comes up in the evenings.

But this time she had a surprise for me. She didn't look too pleased about it either. Seems she had picked up an admirer...

He was following her around, and shall we say that his passion was very self-evident? Now, this sorta reminded us of the time when our Chihuahua Wolfie fell in love with our Spitz, Prissy... a lot of unrequited love (we thought) until Prissy ended up pregnant. All we could figure was that Wolfie had found a stepladder. Not much chance here - we hope - Lake is a 26 year old mare, and, well, there are no stepladders in the pasture.


Still, there he was, passionately trailing her, making advances, and narrowly avoiding her disgruntled hooves. Where did he come from? There goes my morning, shot in the ass, as I now have to go put on my boots and walk the fence line to find out where the little jackass got in. Dammit.


So I go down to the west gate. This gate backs onto the westernmost road in town; I was hoping he was a townie ass, and didn't come from the property that backs up to our back forty. Lake likes to hang out at the West gate; I don't know why. Sure enough, there in a backyard was the prettiest little jenny, looking at me and crying. Her man had left her alone. I walked down the shared fence line and found the spot where the little jack had wormed through; he had even left a knot of his mane on the barbed wire. So I called Mike on the walkie, and he drove down to the gate with his wire and fence cutters. We repaired the fence. The whole time little jenny was crying next to us, seeking comfort. Lake and her ass were nowhere in sight, but we fixed the fence. I left a note on the door of the house that was in front of the yard, telling them about their ass, and that we had fixed the fence and they could get him any time. I hope that they get home soon and take the little jack off.


He is wearing a halter. If they come back together this evening for supper, I'll close the corral gate and snag him with a longue line and walk him home. Little ass took two hours out of my day, and probably ruined Lake's!!


ROFL Ok, this was too funny NOT to share. But every word of it is true, I swear!

No comments: