Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Feeling a Little Mean Today

Another frustrating day.
It's an ack-cel-er-a-shun lane, moron! The car three cars ahead of me pulls verrry slowly to the end of it... and stops. OK, there's traffic coming. When the traffic clears, the first car starts to go, and we all start to merge (there's FIVE of us now) and then, the first car slams on his brakes. Apparently the sight of all of those headlights in a neat line behind him, merging together like a rehearsed ballet, scared him! We nearly had a pileup; then we all pulled out and passed the moron.

I call and ask the director of one of my projects if the newspaper reporter was called to take pictures of the $300,000 check we got for our project; yup, she was called, she just didn't show up. Two months after this reporter gushes that all the stories about this project receive priority, she's a no-show. Yup. I wonder if this reporter knows that what she's REALLY saying behind everyone's backs is getting immediately reported to our faces. She will. And not everyone is as stupid as she thinks.

I called a member of my staff to get some more information; as always, he was quick and responsive and I got what I needed immediately. This is good. Tomorrow I have a meeting with some people... it seems that twenty people are involved in a very expensive project, and one selfish arrogant individual wants to put the whole project in the toilet unless everyone follows her 1950's ideas and uses her best friends to do the work, etc. Not gonna happen, and that meeting tomorrow will clinch that.

I know I sound like a vindictive bitch. I'd like to say that I'm not. But I get sooooo pissed at people whom I treat gently, honestly, kindly, and with respect, who turn on me like snakes and knife me when I am trying my best to be nice to them and help them. One time lying to me is all it takes to make an enemy out of what could have been a fast and forever friend. I can excuse almost anything - gross ignorance, foolishness, even the occasional spasm of indiscretion - because I understand that people are human and sometimes we all go a little crazy. But to baldfaced lie to me for no reason - or to purposely try to hurt people whom they may never have even met, or who have never intended them any harm, just for their own self-gratification, self-promotion, or greedy grasping groping gripes with the whole world or their mommy or daddy who abused them - THAT will turn me into a vicious slavering bloodthirsty bitch. I sup my revenge cold, and with a long spoon. And I always get my revenge - whether it's causing someone to lose their job, or causing extreme and complete public humiliation, or even cutting off and leaving that moron at the head of the merging traffic lane (it says YIELD, not SURRENDER!) fuming at the next red light.

It gives me such visceral pleasure to sink my claws into someone's arrogant, supercilious, self-righteous, twisted little soul and to suck the last drop of blood out of it.

1 comment:

Heidi F said...

Thanks. Reader feedback is always appreciated.