Friday, January 18, 2008

Once Again, Another Stupid Meeting

I have today off, by some fluke.

Few people know that I work with children during the day. That just isn't WC's persona! Ah, but it is the Internet, where people can be whomever they want. And a nasty irascible personality on the Internet is exactly what I want to portray. It is my public profile. My private one - is entirely different, and nobody's damned business.

But today I was going to help out one of my organizations with some physical labor. Unfortunately also today is scheduled - in the middle of the morning - "an open meeting with the Legislative Delegation". Yeah, OK, sure - except only one ever shows up along with their mouthy, rude, loud, and crass Legislative Secretary. More importantly, it is all about them patting themselves on the back for all the hard work they're doing - and the only people who can show up, will show up, or do show up in the middle of the morning are two groups: The people who have to be there, and the people who have nothing better to do.

These idiots schedule stuff, time and again, at their convenience, not their constituents'. They could care less who works for a living - cause it's a cinch that they do not. The people who have to be there, are paid to go to these political boondoggles. They are people who work for politicians, and their income is assured. The people who have nothing better to do might run their mouths but really and truly could care less what happens, what their delegation represents, or what is going on in the world around them.

Meanwhile the one or two will frisk and smile and giggle and pat themselves on their backs for the world to see, accomplishing nothing, doing nothing, and praising themselves to the skies for it! Do I sound just a little bitter? Betcherass. The group that I volunteer for needs me to put my back into something real, something tangible, something worthwhile. But I'll be sitting in the tiny audience instead, dealing with political whores.

No comments: