Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taxes Bite

Yes they do, and I mean the big one. They Bite The Big One.

Yesterday I did our taxes, swearing and bouncing up in down in my chair, impatient and pissed and angry. I sent them their duly annotated $2700. They can bite me.

But they're going to give me back $1200!!! I'm so freaking honored. They are going to send me back less than half of what they got from me. Thanks. Assholes. After, I am sure, they have collected the interest from it and the millions of other hardworking taxpayers' donations, they'll be able to afford it... maybe in three months or more. Taxes were supposed to go down this year, hunh? My pink hind end. On whom did they go down, and did they enjoy it?

We damned near lost our house last year and we woulda if I hadn't been working two jobs, fighting for every dollar, taking care of hubby who gets the license plate that gives him the upfront parking. Slaving away on the computer for one job, and driving hundreds of miles in all weathers for the other, and all this time I was making too much money. I shoulda been on a cruise - and apparently I could've afforded it. Or at least the Feds think so.

I am getting sick of this crap. Once my three little tax deductions grew up and toddled out the door to make their way in the world, this constant struggle was supposed to stop or at least slow down. Well it hasn't and I am pissed as hell about it.

People tell me all of the tax breaks I shoulda woulda coulda had. Yeah, I tried that. Guess what? Even in itemization,I do not make enough money to invest or donate enough money to file a long form. Nice, hunh?

So did the so called lowered taxes help any working people, or did they just benefit the non-working and the CEOs? Inquiring minds want to know. Did YOUR taxes go down on you? Did you like it? Were you kissed?

No comments: