Thursday, December 6, 2012

Goodnight, Jim Demint.

Jim Demint has resigned from his elected position as the Senator from South Carolina, to take the position as the President of the Heritage Foundation.

Way to go, Jim. Get the fuck out while you can.

I know just how he feels. When the Stupid People vote in Santa Claus as their President, and continue to vote in liars, thieves, and charlatans at every level, the smart person can read the writing on the wall, writ large by the Fickle Finger of Fate. People who choose their own self-destruction over their own salvation deserve to die, as horribly, bloodily, and wretchedly as possible. There is nothing that you can do for them. You cannot stop them in their headlong, panting desire for self-flagellation. You can only stand up and scream, "YOU LIE!" so many times. (Yes, that was Congressman Wilson; thanks, I know.)  All you can do is back off and let them hack at their own wrists with their Kentucky-Fried-Chicken-dinner sporks. Masses of stupid people cannot be overcome. They cannot be stopped. They move as an insensate wave over everything, demanding, screaming, decimating everything in their path, bleeding everywhere, from every orifice, all over their own food, into their own wine glass, shrieking that all this blood is sloppy, messy, and always someone else's fault. They are right, they are good, they know better, they are going to change everything into hopeful happy pastoral goodness with the blood that they spill.

Nothing else to do but walk away from them, as quickly as possible. Let them eat their poisoned food and drink their tainted water, calling it manna and wine. Let them sully themselves in each others' beds and brothels, telling each other how grand it all is to be 'free' to do so. And let them die, unlamented and unwanted and unloved, curled into screaming emotionally-encrusted fetal positions, drooling, urinating, and defecating on themselves, while their progeny follow them down the same twisted and filthy paths, further into infamy. 

I have never called myself a Christian, mostly because I don't believe in fanaticism of any stripe or polka-dot. But I do believe in God and Jesus Christ - in a quiet, faithful, trusting way - no church-going, no praise-singing, but only in a firm belief in the black-and-white differences between right and wrong. I don't believe God is a judgmental prick Who likes to terrify people into behaving, any more than I believe that He has anything to do with good people coming to bad ends. Mostly I believe that God is a nice Guy Who likes to surround Himself with other nice guys; that He has a sense of humor, that He knows more than anyone, and that a person who strives to do the right thing will be rewarded, and a person who is selfish or ruled by selfish thoughts and actions, without any thought of responsibility or payment, will pay in the end... far more than they ever will realize. 

Its why I could smile when those arrogant pricks defended my ex husband's violence and abuse, and decided to make an example of me because I refused to bow to his and their pressure to 'be an obedient wife'. It's why I could grin and shake my head when those people insisted that I was offending them by choosing to take care of myself and my family instead of being their punching bag. It's why I laugh to myself when some people insist that they are right and they know it, why don't I fall in with them?

Flee, Jim. Flee the insensate and ignorant masses, who wrap themselves in the filthy swaddling of purposeful ignorance, sloppy and sodden self-indulgence, and endless entitlement demands. Flee the Stupid People and their encroaching self-annihilation.  They are their own Horsemen of destruction, and are too stupid to know it. Cast not your pearls before swine.

No comments: