Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Who needs a Manifesto?

OK, here's mine - I don't give a shit, and none of you - or the mysterious 'them' - are worth a bullet.

I just thought I'd put that out there in blogworld, since 'people clinging to their guns and religion' are all apparently terrorists or potential terrorists, always on edge, just waiting for the opportunity to snap and go on a wild and purposeful (to them) killing spree.

Thanks, I have enough to deal with here. The garden went in late, due to some late killing frosts and freezes, and I just picked my first zucchini today. Yay - grilled zucchini! Yummers. It has been hot Hot HOT here, but we got a raging thunderstorm last night and more are predicted all this week. The cattle are loving it, the horse too, even the chickens are happy. It is cooler in the 60 mph breezes and icy rain. Something that a lot of people don't know is that lightning enhances plant growth - it stirs up nitrogen in the air and makes plants 'go fool' rapidly absorbing it. I was a little unsure about putting the whole garden under heavy-duty garden cloth; but it works out REALLY well, almost no weeds and the plants really seem to love it.  The calves are getting big and the chicks are growing; we'll fill the freezer this fall.

So Jasper County hired another deputy administrator, George Hood, for $80K a year, and the job was never posted or published? I don't care. So this group is fighting that group in Beaufort County over taxes and schools? Nothing's changed. So the local and national media are still desperately clinging to their firm belief that a redistributionist marxist government "TAX THE RICH and give it to the lazy!" is the best choice for not only Beaufort, Chatham, and Jasper counties, but the US? Nope, still don't care.

So an idiot editor from the Savannah Morning News drives out to Montana for a week, never leaves the Interstate, and disrespects every single state he crosses as 'bland and boring'? Yay, Frank! Thank you, thank you! You always were a superficial moron, the type that thinks that Olive Garden and Applebee's are fine dining, believes that renting a cheesy motel room that looks like every other cheesy motel room in every other city or state is the only way to travel, and that the people who live in bland and boring places must also be bland and boring. Keep driving, Frank. Like the "Ugly Americans" who take the "39 countries in 19 Days!" bus tours of Europe, and then come back and tell their friends, "Europe ain't so hot", you are totally blind to everything but yourself. Don't tell your superficial readers that it's glorious and beautiful and amazing out here, if you ever get off the Interstate and explore and actually learn about the areas,  because then they might all come out here, panting over the latest "in" spot or things to do. Stay away, and keep your hordes of drooling mindless lemmings there with you. I don't want you, or the people to whom you grandly pontificate, to ever discover the glorious diversity and wildly intense beauty of the Western Plains.  "No vacancy" signs are permanently up for simpering self-satisfied morons, TYVM.

My guns are loaded and often cleaned and fired - not because I'm looking to kill anyone, but because occasionally a mountain lion strolls through, or a pack of coyotes thinks my cows look like dinner, or because snakes, raccoons, skunks, and badgers think my yard or pasture might be a smorgasbord. Deer and antelope actually do play out here, and the turkeys are huge - I might have a hankering for turkey even before Thanksgiving. But shoot people? Nah - not worth the waste of copper and black powder. 

You all go do whatever it is that you do, fight and argue incessantly over whomever and whatever is your assigned topic this week, worry about your jobs, your car payments, your house payments, whose screwing you this week or next month. Yawn. "Talk amongst yourselves. Here's a Topic - the mainstream media is neither mainstream nor an honest use of media. Discuss!" As for me, it's time to chop down the tops of the twenty-or-so, four-foot-high potato plants, so that their roots are ready to be dug up and screened next week for storage. I have a life, thanks so much. That's my Manifesto - I have a life, I love it, I don't care what self-inflicted trauma you're courting, leave me alone. River tubing tomorrow! YAY!

2 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

I missed the editor from the Savannah Morning News drives out to Montana story... it sounds like I didn't miss much. lol My garden looks like a weed patch, but that is probably from me... It has been high humidity and temps and smoke all summer long. Dare I say it, I miss the cold.

WileyCoyote said...

Oh, you didn't miss a thing.. he is on a forum where I've been for years. This forum has millions of threads, grouped together by State and topic. He took the time to go to both the Nebraska and the Montana forums to post his ignorance!